To have a successful relationship doesn’t mean you feel the same way to your partner all throughout. It means your feelings might change, it might not be as intense as the first years of your relationship, but you choose to stay together and decide to love another for life.
And I believe that that is what true love is all about. You have to dig deeper into the core and not just rely on the physical fabric of a relationship because the outside might be torn and worn out over time but the inside is what really matters. As long as the core is steadfast and strong, love will remain there forever.
As my friend said, long distance relationship is not for everyone. Yes, maybe. Maybe it’s only for people who are strong enough to surpass all the trials that LDR entails. It’s only for people who value and strengthen the core. It’s only for people who can sacrifice not seeing, not touching, not being able to satisfy the physical needs of a relationship.
It is therefore necessary that we make extra effort to show our loved ones how much we love them even though we are separated by distance.
I have written some valentine messages that you can send to your loved ones who are miles apart from you. This in a way can alleviate the pain of being away from your love one especially during this season of love.
Valentine Messages LDR
1. When you truly love someone, you don’t mold that person into your expectations of him or her. Rather, you let them grow into their own. And that my love is what I want for you – to grow beautifully the way you wanted yourself to be. And though it’s hard that I can’t see you everyday, knowing that you love me makes me go on and not quit on this relationship. I know that the time will come that we will be together once again and when that time comes, I promise you we will never be separated again. Happy Valentine’s Day babe. I love you so much.
2. Every relationship requires equal effort by both parties, equal rights to be loved and cared for, equal responsibilities to love and care for the other. I’m glad and grateful that our relationship is founded by this principle. I cannot thank you enough for the love and care you unselfishly show me and it is but right that I do the same. You deserve all the love in the world and that is what I only intend to give you. Near or far, I will always love you. Happy Valentine’s Day my love!
3. Getting into the married life is different from just being boyfriends and girlfriends. There is now a bigger responsibility that we have to take as husband and wife. I am so blessed to have been given a wonderful husband like you – someone whose heart and mind are wide open in dealing with our differences and being so patient and understanding when I blow things out of proportion. I know we’re just starting and I know that there are a lot of challenges ahead of us but I just want to let you know that I’m just here waiting for you to come home and start a family. Happy Valentine’s Day hubby! I love you so much.
4. I will never forget what you told me that in marriage, we have to give each other half of ourselves so both of us will be full. For in that way, neither of us will have more than enough nor will be drained empty.
I’m so glad to have you as my wife because you are the only one who taught me how to love. You taught me that receiving love is as important as giving it and that’s what we’ve been doing ever since.
I’m sorry if there were times that you think I am taking you for granted. I may not prioritize you all the time but you have to understand everything I do is for you and for our future. Thank you for the love and support my love. I am not who I am today if it weren’t for you. Happy Valentine’s Day. I love you and I will always be here for you. I’ll see you very soon.
5. Thank you for taking the time to listen to me. You are the only one who can make me calm down when I’m upset. You are the only one who can cheer me up when I feel so low. And even though we are far from each other, you always make time for me and choose to talk to me instead of going out with your friends and I appreciate that a lot.
I’m so lucky to have you in my life and I hope you stay the same. I’ll be waiting for you. I love you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
6. I’m sorry if I keep on whining and complaining that you don’t have time for me anymore. I know it gets busy in your work sometimes and I’m sorry if I fail to understand you. I just miss you a lot. I wish we could be together this Valentine’s Day. I love you!
7. “If your loved one knows you inside and out and loves you for what you are, there’s no need to worry about how others see you.”
I am lucky to have someone who knows every part of me, flaws and all and loves me and accepts me for who I truly am. You have given me so much joy and acceptance that I have gained much confidence about myself because of you.
Now I don’t have to worry about what other people will say about how I look, how I present myself to the world because they don’t really matter. Thank you for showing me how to embrace my imperfections and use them to my advantage.
Thank you for loving me for who I am and for staying loyal even if we are miles apart. Happy Valentine’s Day my love. I love you with all my heart.
8. “Love is the greatest in a time when you are not searching for it. When you just simply met love in a time when you don’t long for it.”
I’ve been alone for quite a long time, you know that. It’s a personal choice that I made after so many heartbreaks I had in the past. I came to a point where I’m not lonely being alone anymore. I wasn’t that happy but I was okay.
Until you came into my life. It was a pleasant surprise. I never thought I could fall in love again. Even if it took a year before we were able to meet in person, you patiently waited for me to be ready.
I’m so glad I did give myself the chance to love once again. I know that you are a gift from God and I know that He wanted me to be happy this time.
Happy Valentine’s Day my dear. I hope you’re okay. See you soon. I love you so much.
9. I always complain about how barely we see each other because of this long distance relationship until I read a friend’s status, “It has been 7 years but still I miss you so much. Please keep waiting for me in heaven…”
I just realized that life is too short to be complaining about everything. I just really miss you so badly. I’m thankful regardless that we are given enough time to love each other. I just can’t wait to see you again. Happy Valentine’s Day! I love you love you love you so much….
10. It’s all in the mind. This is what I realized just now. I thought you must have a love so strong in order to surpass the challenges of a long distance relationship but I was wrong. LDR is a mind game. So I have to think of the good memories that we had especially when loneliness strikes once again. I have to think positively and focus on that day that we will be together and will no longer be separated from each other.
I know it will be soon. I can’t wait to kiss you and hug you tight. Happy Valentine’s Day my love. I will always love you no matter what and I will always be thinking about you.
I hope you like them and send these Valentine Messages LDR to your loved ones. Make them feel extra special this Valentine’s Day! 🙂