When I was heart broken, a lot of thoughts have kept on playing on my mind. There are times when I can’t help but to hate my ex for leaving me, for giving up on me, for quitting on me. There are also times that I’m thanking him that he did, because now I can say that I’m free from a toxic relationship.
One of the ways I did to cope up and heal myself was to write. I have here some inspirational quotes for the broken hearted.
These heart broken quotes are not meant to make you bitter. They are meant to inspire you and make you stronger. Yes you can be sad and lonely and grieve but I hope you don’t stay there too long.
After all, life is too short to be spending it too long as being heart broken. When the crying is over, just get up and move on. There’s no point punishing yourself for something that is already non-existing.
1. My heart may have been broken, but the love I kept inside will always stay the same. Someday, I’m going to give it to someone who truly deserves it, someone who has the same kind of love that I have – that forever kind of love.
2. Once you’ve been hurt so much, you can’t allow another one to do that to you anymore. No one should ever hurt you again the way he did.
3. Time stood still when he broke my heart. I was left unmoving, not crying, not feeling anything. And then one day, I heard the clock ticking. I know it’s time to move on.
4. I want to forgive her for hurting me, but most importantly, I want to forgive myself for allowing her to hurt me this much.
5. Everyone deserves a second chance but not everyone who has been hurt is willing to give it.
6. When your relationship is over, don’t say you’re weak and you can’t make it. In fact, you are strong because when you fell in love, you took the risk of getting hurt. One day, you’ll get over this.
7. I just really need to get up, stop crying over nonsense and move on.
8. If you are holding on to someone, make sure he is holding on to you too.
9. There are just people in our lives who don’t want to be a part of it anymore and we just really have to deal with it.
10. Each time our heart breaks, we become more frightened to fall in love again. But we can’t find the right one if we stop and give up on trying.
11. I don’t apologize for what I am. I know someone out there is dying to meet someone exactly like me.
12. You can’t hold on to someone who wanted to be free.
13. You may have broken my heart but you can never break ME.
14. Don’t expect to be loved the way you wanted it because if they don’t, you will only get disappointed.
15. He’s got the nerve to make you cry. Don’t let him destroy your life.
16. Someday, he will realize that I am the best he could ever be with and during that time, he will see that he is someone I am best without.
17. Sometimes I think, it is not fair that he can choose to leave you and you don’t have a choice but to accept it.
18. If you love someone, let them know and show them. Be brave and be humble enough, without your ego swelling up to let them know how important they are to your life. So you won’t have anything to regret about when they leave.
19. Don’t hold on to something you’re very sure that you’re the only one holding on to. A relationship is two-way, if it’s one way, you are no longer in a relationship.
20. And maybe the real problem was, I’ve been too confident that what we had was something beautiful and real. And it somehow confused me as to what I should let go of and what I should get over with. And then it finally came to me, that I have to let go of something so beautiful so I can get over the fact that what we had wasn’t real.
21. I have this weird thinking that our hearts is like a piñata, it needs to be broken so that others get the treat.
22. I loved too much that I lost myself. Now I’m trying to find myself back again…
23. There are times when loving means walking away in order to find what they are looking for. Many relationships fail for the simple fact that one partner’s needs are not being fulfilled and they are not quite sure how to express this for fear of hurting the other person. The most honest and caring way to love someone is to be open with communication and to give them distance and time to find their way so that they may come back to you wholeheartedly.
24. A good relationship is one that entails a lot of hard work and the endurance must not only come from one but from both sides. Any relationship will last if both of you are willing to fight for it. If the other person gives up, there’s no point holding on.
25. Heartbreak encourages you to beat the person you were yesterday. Heartbreak wants you to learn. Heartbreak wants you to sum up all the things you learned and use them the next time you love.
26. Before I used to think that falling in love is the greatest feeling in the world a person could ever feel. I thought that love could literally make the world go round. But as I slowly faced reality, I have come to realize that love is temporary and that love can be gone in an instant.
As I always say, being heart broken is all in the mind. If you change your mindset and tell yourself that you are no longer a prisoner from all the memories brought to by your past relationship, you will be able to move on.
You can grieve for a while, cry and lock yourself in your room but don’t do it too long that your relationship with other people will be affected. But you can’t go on a date that quick too. You can divert your attention to anything that won’t hurt other people. And even if it can help you, you can’t just make somebody as a rebound.
Heal yourself first and the right person will come to you. There’s no need to rush. Just take your time to love yourself first. Focus on the things that will make you a better person. You don’t have to do this for revenge to your ex or something.
Change yourself because you have to and in preparation for a better relationship that lies ahead. I think that is a better mindset rather than being bitter. Good motivation will end in good result.
I hope these inspirational quotes for the broken hearted really helps you in letting go of all the bad memories from your past and look forward to creating better memories in the future when you have finally moved on. If I was able to do it, then I’m pretty sure that you can do it too. Give yourself some time and everything will fall into place sooner than you expected.